Saturday, January 21, 2012

Welcome to the Blogging World!

I've always thought about blogging so I was very excited to learn we had to create a blog account for PED 201. I think blogging is a great way for people to share information, pictures, experiences with others. It is also great for making connections with others that may be beneficial in the future.

This past winter break I had arthroscopic knee surgery. Due to the surgery I spent a lot of time on my couch elevating and icing my knee. When I finally starting walking again I started my physical therapy. It's amazing how your muscles disappear after surgery. After the first day of therapy I learned I had a long road of hard work ahead of me. I went to therapy about three times a week and worked very hard to get back in shape. Although I am still working on getting my muscles back to the strength they were before surgery, I came a long way. My surgery story is one I could tell future students. Everything in life takes a little effort and hard work if you want to become successful. I wouldn't be back in shape right now if I didn't go to my therapy sessions and push myself to get better. It is important for kids to not get down on themselves if they can't get something the first time or mess up. By working hard and striving to become better they can achieve anything. 

No comments:

Post a Comment